Model Engineering Model Clubs
If you would like to be listed on our club pages then please fill in one of our forms.
Banbury and District Model Engineering Society
- Established in 1981 the Banbury and District Model Engineering Society was formed in order to create a forum where local model engineers might come together on a regular basis to discuss progress with their engineering projects. The Society have current active experience of a wide range of model engineering subjects ranging from hot air engines , steam locomotives, steam vehicles, traction engines, beam engines, internal combustion engines and even jet turbines.
Bay Area Engine Modellers
- Group of enthusiasts who make, discuss and share information on collecting and building miniature engines. Mostly gasoline, ignition engines. Some internal combustion glow plug engines, and occasionally, a steam or a jet engine.
Bristol Society of Model & Experimental Engs
- The Bristol Society of Model and Experimental Engineers (BSMEE) exists to promote the development of the wider Model Engineering hobby by providing support and encouragement to interested people to construct and operate models of an engineering nature. The Bristol Society was founded in 1909 and is one of the oldest in the country. It currently has some 250 members who between them cover many trades, professions and backgrounds. Many of the successful modellers have not had any formal engineering training, but have been encouraged and supported by fellow members to develop their interest. Many of the skills required to undertake Model Engineering can be self taught but, by belonging to a society or club there is always help and knowledge freely available. Meetings are held every 1st & 3rd Wednesday of the month in the evening in north Bristol - all welcome, see our website for details of forthcoming lectures and how to find us.
Cambridge Model Engineering Society
- Ground level multi-gauge track, raised multi-gauge track, 16mm model garden railway. Public running 2pm seconday Sunday in month from May to October.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Canterbury & District Model Engineering Society
- We model in 5" & 3½" gauge trains and have members who are interested in Astronomy (Building telescopes), traction engines, miniature firearms, clocks and many other subjects.
Canterbury Society of Model and Experimental
- The club has a raised 2 1/2" - 3 1/4" and 5" gauge track and pond for rc boats. We are currently negotiating with the local council to lease more land to construct a ground level 5" and 7 1/4" track. Members build live steam rail and road vehicles as well as rc scale modle ship and boats.
- 26 Andrews Crescent
- New Zealand
- Tel: 03 9817240
- email: email@example.com
Chelmsford Society of Model Engineers
- The CSME promotes the safe construction and operation of passenger carrying steam, electric and diesel hauled trains, traction engines and other scale models.
Club de Modelistas Argentinos
- Nos dedicamos al modelismo en general, aviones, barcos, vehículos militares, figuras, ciencia ficcción, autos, motocicletas, etc, en todos los materiales y escalas.
- Dorrego 2124
- Buenos Aires
Crowborough Locomotive Society
- Miniature Railway, Goldsmiths Leisure Centre
- Eridge Road
- East Sussex
- TN6 2TN
- Tel: (01892) 654128
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Furness Model Railway Club
- The Furness MRC caters for the needs of modellers in the smaller scales of OO, HO, N. Also model engineers in the Model Engineering section.
- 1 Dundee Street
- Barrow in Furness
- LA14 2RP
Hatfield and District Society of Model Engineers
- We are a busy friendly group of model engineers who meet weekly (fortnightly in winter) at our Society track in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire.
Hereford Society of Model Engineers
- A thriving club with own site,7 1/4, 5, and 3 1/2 inch gauge tracks (elevated and ground level, garden gauges open air layout, and a boating pond. 130 members who are interested in most types of model engineering, with a predominance of live steam, garden gauges, '00', model boats. Plans for a lake, and a new large '00' layout. Saturdays club running, Tuesdays work days (we expect assistance from those able to) with other projects constructed on winter weekends. We operate the Broomy Hill Miniature Railway for the public on 16 Sundays/BH Mondays April to October.
- Chairman John Meaford
- Tel: 01981 570390
- email: email@example.com
High Peak Model Aero Club
- The website of highpeakmodel aero club.
Kings Lynn Society of Model Engineers
- Friendly model engineering club, founded in 1970. New members welcome, see website for details. The club operates a ground level railway track in Kings Lynn catering for 3½, 5 and 7¼ inch gauges.
North Down Model Railway Society
- The Society meets every Monday and Wednesday from 7.30-9.30pm. Its 30+ members have a wide varity of interests from n gauge to 12" to the foot. New members are always welcome. Contact the Secretary, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Central Avenue
- Co. Down
- Northern Ireland
- email: email@example.com
- The club has been formed by a group of dedicated modellers in order to encourage and promote the art of model making in all of its forms. We all have our own speciality in modelling but actively encourage all of our members to enhance their own field of modelling and to learn from other members modelling techniques. All of our meetings are very informal and friendly with plenty of good humour. We also attend various shows in order to promote the club. The School is also our meeting place for club nights and we have regular meeting twice a month on a Wednesday night. So if you would like to join a friendly active modelling club you are most welcome.
- c/o Windmill School
- Tel: 01933 312364
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nottingham Model Railway Society
- The Society has working exhibition layouts in 3.5mm scale, 4mm scale - both 00 (16.5mm gauge) and EM (18.2mm gauge) - and in 7mm scale (0 gauge). Our individual members also model in 3.5mm scale (HO gauge), in 4mm scale 00, EM and P4 (18.83mm gauge) and in 7mm scale. Our interests cover all British railways from the late 19th century to the present day. One of our specialties is the construction of accurate, working overhead and third-rail electrification systems. We have our own premises, with an extensive reference library. We are the organizers of the famous NOTTINGHAM East Midlands MODEL RAILWAY EXHIBITION now staged over the third weekend each March.
- PO Box 9620
- NG1 9FA
- email: email@example.com
Scunthorpe Society of Model Engineers
- Scunthorpe Society of Model Engineers.
South Durham Society Of Model Engieers
- The South Durham Society of Model Engineers became a resident section of the Hurworth Grange Community Centre in 1969. At about the same time that the Centre came into existence and can therefore claim to be one of the longest established activities held. We cater for all people who are interested in making or owning steam, electric, compressed air engines, locomotives, traction engines, stationary engines, clocks, tools and workshop equipment of any type. However, these are by no means the only interests that our members have and we always welcome anyone with a keen interest in models, building workshop equipment, collecting and refurnishing models, or acting as a helper. The Society has recently rebuilt our outside-elevated locomotive track in the grounds of the Grange. We carry out public running on special occasions and also have a portable track. Our members are able to use the main track and the club locomotive when they so desire.
Taunton Model Engineers
- formed in 1946 and is continuing to grow. Membership is open to anyone with an interest in Model Engineering whether it be Locomotives, Traction Engines, Stationary Steam, Hot Air Engines, I/C Engines, Tool making, Clock making or any related subject.
The Gauge One Model Railway Association
- learn more about G1MRA and understand why enthusiasts all over the world enjoy the thrill and spectacle of live steam and electrically powered scenic model railways in Gauge One - the Premier Gauge!
Uckfield Model Railway Club
- Catering for Detail Railway Modellers in 2mm, 4mm (inc. P4) & 7mm scales in Uckfield, East Sussex, England.
- P.O. Box 263
- East Sussex
- TN22 9BY
- Tel: 01825 762783
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Found a link that doesn't work? Email us.