by: Panfilo Castro
This is an HO scale sawmill that we built for a model railroad logging diorama.
It is entirely built from scratch, stripwood, paper, plastics, and balsa. We used stripwood for the posts and trusses, and scribed paper for the roofing.
It is interior lighted to showcase the scratchbuilt machineries inside. The saw dust are real saw dust that we sifted to scale.
The entire mill is raised on a box platform which we covered with stripwood to represent plank flooring. All wood parts were pre-weathered with an alcoholo-ink stain.
I would specially like to thank my friends Fatima Jayme and Niņo Nonescan for all the help on building this structure.
Panfilo Castro Jr.
- Jayme Compound, Bugoz St, Alang-alang
- Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines
- Phone: 09176670384 (mobile), Land Line - 032-4203474
- Fax: 032-3442292
- Website: www.scale-model.info
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org